Serving Minneapolis - St. Paul, Minnesota
and Nashville, Tennessee
and surrounding suburbs.
763-557-1773 or 877-557-1773
Slipcovers can easily be removed, when stained or soiled, and dry cleaned or
laundered at home. How you clean your cover will depend on the fabric.
It is ok
to not pre-wash your fabric! but you will have to dry clean or test a small
piece of the fabric for shrinkage before washing. We
recommend washing your slipcover only periodically. If you plan to
launder your slipcover at home, it is crucial to preshrink (pre-wash) the fabric
before we construct your cover. We pre-wash fabric for $5.00 p/yard, or you can
pre-wash the fabric yourself using the following instructions:
- Cut a small piece of fabric (3" x3")from
your roll of fabric. Wash in warm water and dry in a towel. Place in the
same spot that you cut it out from to see if it shrank!
- If it doesn't shrink, there is no need to pre-wash.
- If you like the way the test piece looks -
cut and wash one 3 yard piece (110") in warm / warm in your washer with
an extra rinse if you have one.
- If the first 3 yard piece looks good cut all
the rest and wash as per instructions below.
- Cut fabric into 3 to 3 1/2 yard pieces (Thin
fabrics 3 1/2 yards)
- Wash most fabrics in warm wash and warm rinse.
- Add 1/2 cup of white vinegar
to stop fading.
- Do not use detergent - that might put streaks
or spots in the fabric.
- Use oxi clean and or fabric softener if the
fabric is stiff - Dilute fabric softeners - they too can spot or
streak your fabric. Do a small test piece.
- An extra rinse with vinegar can help keep
the fabric from looking to faded.
- Using cold or warm water will also keep the
fabric from looking to faded.
- Fill washer to largest load size for a full
cycle. Add 1/2 cup white vinegar and some fabric softener (if the fabric is stiff) mix with the water
before placing the fabric in the washer.
- Wash again with only water .
- IF you use detergent!!! ** Be sure to wash your fabric twice **
This will insure that all the detergent has been removed!
- Dry fabric on ultra low heat or No heat until it is damp/dry (as if you had misted it-
- ****Very Important **** Roll fabric on a tube with the right side to the inside.
- If you do not have a tube, pretend like you have one!!! Roll it!!! It is
OK to intertwine the pieces!
- Please make sure your fabric is rolled otherwise you
will get wrinkles.
WASHING YOUR SLIPCOVER
- It's ok to wash your slipcover if the
fabric was pre washed
- After you have washed it, put the slipcover
- Straiten it on the furniture and the
- Do not zip it or tuck it in!
- The Slipcover will dry over night.
- Zip everything up ( making sure not to zip
any loose threads)
- Tuck everything in and you are done!
-Try not to purchase Stiff fabric - but if your fabric is stiff
after you have tried washing a sample, we suggest that you let
us do the pre-washing. We have an industrial soap that helps soften stiff
We are a Twin City Minneapolis Saint Paul Minnesota slip cover workroom that specializes in slip covers custom slipcovers. We
do sofa slipcovers chair slip covers ottoman slip covers pillows custom
pillows cushions and sell fabric for
custom slip covers
BENEFITS OF SLIPCOVERING
- Quick and easy from estimate
- Your cost is less than reupholstery.
- Slipcovers enable you, your
family, and your pets to really relax and enjoy your furniture.
- When soiled (by kids or
pets), simply unzip your cover and send it to the cleaners.
- Your furniture never leaves
- You can change the look of
your existing furniture.
- Choose your fabric wherever
4 EASY STEPS TO A BEAUTIFUL SLIPCOVER
- Call or
email for a Price and Yardage estimate.
about Fabrics or Purchase fabric at your favorite fabric store.
- Schedule a pattern appointment.
- Receive delivery of your beautiful custom slipcover in 3 -